2017 has been a spirited year so far, full of late summer adventures and little trips that cement my love of this country. These past few months have been full of activity; blogging has just not managed to be one of them.
- Sydney. Booked a very last-minute Sydney weekend in Feb. Went with an Irishman. Hung out in Sydney with about twelve Irish. It rained the whole time, so we were relegated to pubs and rooftop bars. We drank beer and espresso martinis and I discovered that there is no way in hell I will ever, ever be able to match the rigorous drinking pace of a true session. Good to know. I’m also not sure if there are any Irish left in their home country; I keep finding myself surrounded.
- Saw Adele. Wore glitter, sang, cried, fangirled, sang some more, cried some more. That was a night for the bucket list.
- Finished my 200-hour yoga teacher training. I am now a real-deal, bonafide, legitimate yoga teacher! (I thought that automatically sporting a six-pack was par for the course, but can report it is, in fact, not.) This is a practice that brings me so much joy. I’m not sure there’s a single area of my life that hasn’t been impacted for the better as a result.
- In line with no. 3, I started teaching my first few yoga classes. I’m still getting my head around this, because it doesn’t feel quite real yet.
- Started taking care of my skin. Dirty 30 is less than 6 months away, and even though I don’t think I’m fazed by it, a proper skincare regime is probably long overdue.
- Took a road trip with some of my soul sisters along one of the first Australian icons I knew before living here. This was another one for the bucket list. The Great Ocean Road was punctuated over a 3-day jaunt by beaches, Italian food, craft beer, camping and a free music festival. I love coastal Australia.
These are a few of the things I’ve done, along with the 9-5, a good bit of music, and a healthy dose of miscellaneous Brisbane adventures. I am very lucky to live here, to have this life.
Leave a Reply