People keep telling me how they can’t believe how 2015 has flown by. This couldn’t be further from the truth for me. 2015 has been one behemoth of a year, twelve months strung together in a nonstop blur of activity and experience.
- Backpacking through New Zealand with my college best friend
- Completing a half marathon (finally) and Olympic-distance tri
- Deepening my roots in my community of friends throughout Brisbane
- Rediscovering my love of reading, this time in the form of audiobooks
- Camping trips upon camping trips
- Floating through Vietnam
- Learning how to become my own biggest cheerleader
- Becoming an Australian permanent resident!
I was more active, more tested, more aware of myself.
I’ve learned how important gratitude is, how much I can accomplish when I put my mind to it, and how you never, ever truly know what other people are experiencing.
In a few words, I suppose 2015 could be summed up with the following: raw. Authentic. Spirited.
In 2016, I hope for more of the same, with slightly more down time. I want to learn to surf. I want to read more. I want to do more yoga and possibly come out the other side with a teacher certification. I want to be more present, to judge less and accept differences more readily.
Let’s go, 2016. I’m ready for you.