I’ve officially been here just over seven months. Here’s what’s happened in that time:
- I got a job that I hated. Then I got another job. This one I love.
- We moved, and I began the rewarding project of furnishing an apartment with second-hand goods. This is still a work in progress, but it’s becoming more of a lifestyle.
- I made the venture into the sport of netball. I wouldn’t call this a success, but at least it’s fun.
- I re-learned how to drive on the left hand side of the road, with the steering while on the right. This still turns my brain in knots sometimes.
- I bought a bike and after forcing myself to ride it, discovered it to be a particularly gratifying form of transportation in a city.
- My hair went from long to short, brown to blonde to really blonde.
- While unemployed, I began domestic activities I wouldn’t have ever dreamed of enjoying. Now I can cook.
- After scoring free classes through a bit of volunteering, I recalibrated my body to rise 5AM for hot yoga. It still shocks me that I do this.
- We made friends! Cool people that want to do things and hang out with us!
I’m starting to feel connected.